The dog seems to like it----

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

One tablespoon mixed with dogfood keeps the coat of our lovely black German Shepherd a glistening---black. Health is excellent. This is dosage as per label.

Barlean's Flax for animals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Normally, I rave over all Barlean's products. I'm not sure what it is about this product, but my cat won't have anything to do with food that has this mixed in it. I've tried mixing it in really well, burying it under a bunch of wet food, baiting her with freshly cooked chicken, but she absolutely refuses to go near her bowl if this oil has been it. I bought this for my cat hoping to alleviate a puking and/or hairball problem. Strangely enough, every time I have given her this, she has puked. Also, I was reading that flax may not be the best EFA for cats. Wish I would've known this before I bought this oil :(

highly recommended product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My Miniature Schnauzer had skin inflammation for a year now. Tried everything, from olive oil(which she hates) to natural spray products to harmful medicated creams. Spent so much on vets and pet supplies, nothing worked at all. Plus she is a very picky eater. Now I just add this to her dry or wet food and she gobbles it all up so fast. Her skin used to be so bad and she scratches and licks at it. It's been 2 weeks since she started on this. She is now off wearing a cone and her skin and coat looks much better. I think this product is absolutely great! Highly recommend it.

Will keep your pets healthy and soft, a small period of adjustment may occur

Posted by HDumas on Apr 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My family use to add flax seed oil to our pets' food when I was younger. It gave their coats a very healthy sheen and made them incredible soft. They also lived long healthy lives, I'm sure this was a contributing factor. I have started doing the same with my cat. I noticed when I first introduced it, she ate her meals slower, or ate some of it and finished it later on (as opposed to wolfing it all down as quickly as she could.) I was guessing she didn't like the change in taste or texture. I taste-tested it myself. I could taste a slight bitter aftertaste, but it's very subtle. Now that I've been adding it to her meals every day, she is starting to return to her regular pace of eating. I think she needed to get used to it.

My cat doesn't like it, but I do.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I tried mixing this with everything to get my cat to eat this. Even with just a tiny bit my cat will not eat the food it is in. Though, I now use it for myself and really like it.

If it's bitter, it's rancid

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Flaxseed oil goes rancid quickly and this must have not been stored in a cool place. It had such a strong bitter smell and taste, like strong petroleum. I tasted it and it burned my tongue. I'm not feeding this to my animals; it's toxic if it's rancid. Flaxseed oil is just buttery and soft when it's not rancid. There should not ever be a bitter taste unless it's gone bad.

improve my dog's skin condition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

my yorkie has flaky skin since she was young and had check with the vets prescribing her strong medication every now and then, the skin condition would always come back. We tried so many supplements and none of it work like this flax oil for her. Her itchy spots are 90% gone after about 1 week taking it with meal.

Improved my dogs fur

Posted by tinajuni on Oct 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I been using this for about 7 months, and in this period my dogs fure has become softer og fuller. Stopped using it for about two months, and she lost alot of fur. Could be a conincident, but I do not think so. Reordered!

Great stuff!

Posted by abbyca on Aug 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Since I've been using this product, both my cat's have been shedding less and one cat in particular isn't throwing up as much. I'd recommend this product to any pet owner.

good

Posted by TheBest on Sep 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Nice oil. My dog likes it. Never hesitates to eat it. I mix it into his RAW food diet.