Very good, but VERY sticky!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is STICKY!! It's even more viscous than honey. It IS sweet, but doesn't taste like any other sweetener, and it does add a taste of its own. It's a bit smokey. I love it in ginger tea and coffee, but it isn't like liquid sugar, which only adds sweetness (at least I think that's true...haven't had white sugar in years. Its taste is as strong as dark brown sugar, but it doesn't taste like brown sugar...or maple syrup, either. If you put it in something mild, it might add too much taste. If you put it in something strong tasting, it adds a lovely complexity, like caramelizing might do. If you're cooking carrots and you want to add a slightly complex, sweet and smokey flavor, add just a bit of this nectar, and maybe a little lemon or orange juice and some taragon or rosemary or basil. It's fabulous. I love it in lemonade...it's so exotic. And I love that it has vitamins and minerals. Just don't expect it to taste like sugar.

I requested iherb to carry this product because it is phenomenal!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have looked for alternative sweeteners or a long time, came up with coconut palm sugar, xylitol and yacon syrup as my faves. (I break out in a fungus rash every time I ingest cane sugar products and I am not a fan of stevia.) THEN I discovered Coconut Secret at the farm-to-market I shop at and I was instantly hooked for life! Since I eat all raw now and avoid cane sugar I no longer get a rash and I feel a million times better. I use this in everything, from salad dressings to desserts including homemade raw ice cream. It is sweet but has no coconut flavor so it won't overpower your recipes. I will order this product every month without fail.

Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Purchased as alternative to Yacon syrup while it was out of stock. Flavor is outstanding! Similar to agave, but sweeter, yet w/a lower glycemic index. While Yacon is better for Candida sufferers, this Nectar is safe is small quantities (though probably not if you're within 1st 6 months of treating for Candida). Excellent alternative sweetner!

taste is nice, but false amino acids data at manufactor`s site

Posted by healthseeker on Oct 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

update: I contacted manufactor via e-mail, they promised me to make things clear but still after 11 days I can see fake amino acids data at their site. According to fake data more than 82.76% of the fresh coconut sap are amino acids :)) Such a sap just could not flow good if it were true :)) So can anybody finally tell me the exact ammount of amino acids in this product??? At the manufactor`s site I can see that fresh coconut sap contains 34.2 gramms of glutamic amino acid in 100 gramms of sap!!! This is so unbelievable! More than 1/3(and this is not concentrated sap!) And there also many other amino acids in this sap! Seems to me like they misplaced "gramms" instead of milligramm. Are you americans thinking of it??? All the reviews I can see here are like "mmmm, wow, it`s so tasty, great on a pancake". If you are focused only on taste what`s for to buy such a product? Use simple sweeteners, they are cheaper :)

GREAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This reminds me of a combination of molasses and honey. I have shared it with my mother whom is diabetic and it doesn't seem to affect her blood sugar when she uses it in moderation. It is great on pancakes. I love the flavor and the fact that it is raw and full of enzymes.

From Australia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great on pancakes, also used when making a sauce. Nicer taste and less sweet than agave. I-Herb do a great job supplying a wide range of alternative products, and this one does not disappoint. Highly recommended.

Excellent tasty healthy alternative to Agave

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Quite thick compared to Agave Syrup, but so much better for you. Tastes delicious, especially on almond flour pancakes. The pouring lid is quite wide so you have to be careful of too much pouring out so a smaller pourer or a squeezy bottle would be excellent. Highly recommended.

Ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Nothing will ever replace the taste of sugar. This is sweet, but slightly kind of sour. Good tho, but don't expect a sugar taste.

Good taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It tastes delicious. Took me about 3-4 tries to get used to the taste but then it became the only sweetner I started to use. I add it to herbal and regular black teas. It makes the tea more satisfying. Regular sugar, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or molasys do not compare to the taste. It is not addictive meaning even if I dont use it for days I dont feel like I am missing it. It has become my default sweetner.

OK

Posted by greenisthenewblack on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Ok alternative to agave and yacon syrup. I love coconut sugar, but this tastes a lot more fruity and less caramel-y. Will only use in recipes where other strong tasting ingredients cover up the taste of it.