Tasty but question the processing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

No information of how this product is processed (ie: if heated, etc). It's Organic, and it is tasty. We put it in smoothies which helps to sweeten, and it leaves little flecks of coconut which is pleasant. I will likely go back to the coconut butter which is sold on this site-- more versatile.

THIS ISN'T COCONUT CREAM

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wish they had described the product better as this is what I was expecting. Next time I will be sure to read the reviews. As for the product itself, well, it's a hard lump of finely shredded coconut, sort of like coconut flour, (at least this is how it's like in the hot weather we're having right now) floating in liquid. So far I've tried to use it like coconut cream, and I didn't like it very much, maybe it'll work better in more textured dishes where the flour-like feel of it will be blended in.

hard to use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I wonder how people use this. It's messy and quite a hassle to transfer from the plastic packaging. Once opened it has to be refrigerated, and it hardens, so using the remaining portion was tough work. I didn't want to heat it up so I had to use my spoon to shave off bit by bit. (I use coconut milk/ cream for my daily chocolate drink, so I cannot finish the whole pack in one use.) Taste-wise it is pretty good, except that I would have expected this to be called 'shredded coconut cream' or something - I didn't know it wasn't pure cream. I'm not sure what coconut cream should be like, maybe this is what it should be, but not quite what I need.

Coconut Cream

Posted by shurikenn on Nov 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I bought but do not know to use

not sure yet

Posted by happycustomer23 on Dec 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Wish iherb would stop making you review 'all or nothing'. I haven't used this product yet. It seems like a good value, quantity wise.

doesn't rly taste that good to me

Posted by Anaterma on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

this hardens in low temperature and when i got it, there was white part on the top which was coconut oil, i presume, if it doesn't contain too much coconut particles i will use it for cosmetic purposes. the lower part contained slightly yellow coloured hard paste, which mainly contains coconut. i decided not to melt it but just cut a piece and eat it is as a desert, i will say it doesn't taste that good as i thought it would. will gonna have to use it in sweet porridges, i guess. great price thou.

Needs to be heated

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Quite alright, but will go stone hard between each use, so you need to soak the bag in warm water.

won't repurchase

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2018 | Verified Purchase

it's heavy and not creamy. you can feel smth like desiccated coconut in it

Not creamy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was expecting coconut cream/paste. Its actually solid coconut oil. Organic and high quality but not creamy.

Great Smell, Sensitive to temperature

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

product is extremely sensitive to temperature. will semi-solidify even just in air-condition rooms. if you are a huge fan of coconut this has a great taste to it

1 2