Cadmium contamination

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've been eating Navitas cacao products for several years now (mostly the nibs, though, lately, not the powder). I was horrified to read the Consumer Lab report that just came out. It found extremely high levels of cadmium (though no lead, at least), in Navitas Naturals cacao powder. Alas, I will be switching brands.

No Longer RAW

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've always enjoyed Navitas Cacao Powder for both taste and quality. I was surprised and disappointed to see that my latest package no longer says, "Raw Cacao". Although their website says "processed with low heat", it's apparently no longer their commitment to keep it low enough to be labeled raw. I'll be reading the labels of trusted brands more carefully and buying my cacao elsewhere from now on.

Won't emulsify

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Although I like the flavor and aroma of this cacao powder, no matter how much I shake it up in my breakfast drinks it stays in little clumps that are unpleasant. A significant amount of it inevitably stays behind in the bottom of the container no matter how quickly I down it.

A bit bitter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This was very bitter ! I prefer other

not enough chocolate favour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

can't taste any chocolate in my bread or coffee made with huge amount this product.

Good

Posted by snowfitness1 on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am giving this 2 stars only because I was hoping for something more I suppose. I have used Now Organic Cocoa Powder for ages, and I thought I'd splurge and give this raw type a try. I suppose I am receiving more pure nutrients from it, but I don't find it to be any better than the more economical Now version. Oh well, now I know. :)

Different Powder than it used to be from Navitas

Posted by Sharpie on Jul 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This has easily been a 5 star product for the duration I've been having it (gone through about 10 bags). This latest instalment is a much darker colour, doesn't mix as well (usually just adding hot water would mix it automatically) and the taste is no where as nice or satisfying. I'm hoping it's just a batch thing and it will get back to the lighter colour that it used to be when I reorder. The bag design has changed but I take it that's got nothing to do with the contents. Please bring back the powder you used to supply!

The color of powder is not enough black.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Does it be added other thing in the powder? Why does the powder look like Brown instead Black?

The taste is great but packaging is poor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is great tasting cacao powder but the package detached from the resealing zip. As a result, all my items were covered in cacao including those that were meant to be a gift and now needed washing :(

Broken

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

There was a hole in the bag so the box was full of cocoa even tho the taste was good.

1 2