good-tasting sweetener

Posted by TBReviews on August 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Erythritol, a ployol (sugar alcohol), is a good-tasting sweetener which is suitable for a variety of reduced-calorie and sugar-free foods. It can be used as a sugar substitute in most sugar-free recipes. Erythritol has been part of the human diet for thousands of years due to its presence in foods such as pears, melons, grapes and mushrooms. NOW Erythritol derived from a corn source. Erythritol resembles sugar in consistency and taste but has a caloric value near zero. It is also a great sugar alternative for diabetics. Eyrthritol, like Xylitol, may also inhibit cavities by denying plaque bacteria the fuel (sugar) it needs to erode tooth enamel. I love erythritol for the occasional sweet treat. If you find my review helpful, please click "YES"

Great tasting mixed with NOW brand better stevia.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 15 2016 | Verified Purchase

I mixed 1 cup Erythritol with 1 tsp of better stevia. This blend helps the Erythritol to go longer as well. 3 times as sweet as sugar for measuring.

Posted by KetoBeginnings on March 19 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm so used to those bad tasting sugars that I was nervous to try this but, it doesn't have a taste and it's glycemic index is 1.

Good for Ice Cream!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 28 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this erythritol in combination with 2 other natural sweeteners when making my sugar free ice cream. It helps keep the ice cream soft and scoop-able (along with vegetable glycerin, also available from Now Foods on this site) and has no after taste. Also, sometimes erythritol can have a cooling sensation but I have not noticed this when making ice cream with it which may just be due to mixing it with other sweeteners. I have ordered this several times and will continue to do so!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 2 2016 | Verified Purchase

Easy to use and simple product. A nice sweetness: not as sweet as sugar. Easy to use - granular form to you can replicate the consistency of sugar.

Très bien !

Posted by Cigale on June 12 2016 | Verified Purchase

Bon goût de sucre, bon pouvoir sucrant. Ne laisse pas un goût supplémentaire comme la stevia par exemple. Et indexe glycémique 0 !

Perfect sugar substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

Superb, can't distinguish from real sugar.

Perfect for the sugar-free lifestyle!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 10 2017 | Verified Purchase

After much research, I have settled on this item as the bulk ingredient in a sugar-free substitute-for- sugar mix I make at home, and this is the cheapest source I have found for it. Have already re-ordered, and will in the future!

Sugar comparison

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 30 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product is nowhere near as sweet as sugar. Even when I use double the amount I would normally use, I can hardly taste the sweetness.

Real Food Organic, Erythritol