Date Sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 13 2011 | Verified Purchase

Now Foods Date Sugar is quite tasty and is pretty finely ground for date sugar. It works great in baked items like cookies. It is a bit grainy so it probably wouldn't be as good sweetening something like ice cream. When baking, I do use about 25% more than the comparable amount of sugar in recipes because it isn't as sweet as table sugar. If there was a way to get date sugar ground even finer so it would dissolve, I would give it 5 stars.

Tasty sugar alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 1 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this for my tea. Sweetens it just right, without it being too sweet like I added too much sugar. However, by the time I finished my tea, I saw that there were some remnants of the sugary powder leftover. This sugar doesn't raise my blood sugar.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is great. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the fatc that it is not organic.

Love Now Foods

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 25 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great alternative to regular sugar, not as sweet but that's fine by me.

GOOD..

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 1 2009 | Verified Purchase

IF IT CAME IN A 2LB BAG IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!

Nice texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 8 2010 | Verified Purchase

Lasts a long time. Takes some practice to bake with it, though. Great brand.

Not the perfect sweetener, but a good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 5 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'd never used date sugar before. it tastes good, but is hard to mix into warm drinks.

Wonderful Date Sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28 2017 | Verified Purchase

wonderful date sugar. sweet but light. requires less than the number of whole dates to sweeten things like oatmeal for my tastes. but, it's expensive so the cost is prohibitive. great product nonetheless for those willing to spend the money.

1st time buying

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 25 2017 | Verified Purchase

Trying for the first time. Looks good.

Great for cooking and baking, desserts and puddings.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 19 2016 | Verified Purchase

If you're trying to use it like sugar in you beverage then you won't like it. This specific sugar is made from dates and tastes like powdered dates but some sweetness, that coconut sugar has, however it is wonderful if you are using it for baking cookies, a tart or making a pudding. Far healthier than sugar it makes great candy bars or nut bars mixed with other ingredients like coconut and raisins. It is delicious in pie crusts, or baked apples. Nice as a topping over a dessert, tart, or pudding as well, I like it because it is alkaline and will not ferment in my body like sugar.

1 2