Great taste but..

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 11 2014 | Verified Purchase

Very good as a sugar substitute and would have liked to keep using it, however on some days I had it all was well, but a couple other times it gave me an upset tummy, so about the 3 hour mark after eating it, don't leave the house !!!! I has the ability to liquidfy your entire insides. The taste is great and no after taste. I made caramel with it, and it thickens and browns into a good sauce, it will burn quickly and once it has gone too brown the taste is too burnt to eat. I would say 1 teaspoon at a time is fine, but 2 desertspoons in one sitting is enough to upset the tummy.

Awe, c'mon! Tell the truth! This is really sugar, right?

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 3 2018 | Verified Purchase

Sweet Health Tagatose is by far my favorite substitute for sugar. It's not quite as sweet as sugar but can still be substituted 1 for 1. I give it 4 stars because it is pricey (I'd make it 4 1/2 stars if I could). If not for that I would buy this stuff by the 20 lb. bag and never touch sugar again. I've found that in recipes that need brown sugar I can just add about 1/2 tsp. molasses per cup of Tagatose used and no one knows the difference.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 26 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good taste and can lower glucose levels

Really does brown, but not sure about FODMAPs

Posted by Umbridge on January 31 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have only used this a few times, and it provides excellent results. I am not yet certain if this is high in FODMAPs, but I suspect it is. For someone with FODMAP intolerance, it can be hard to pinpoint the sources of digestive distress with any certainty, so I can't say for certain if it's caused me problems. However, it hasn't been tested, so if you have IBS or known FODMAP intolerance, I would proceed with caution.