NOK

Prefer other stevia products

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Jun 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I recently compared this product with “NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Stevia" and “Sweetleaf’s Sweetdrops". PURITY: You might expect that “pure liquid stevia” means just pure stevia, but most stevia products have a filler to make them measurable in recipes. This product uses the following ingredients:  Water, 20% pure grain alcohol, vegetable glycerine and natural flavors. Compare this to “NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Stevia" which uses only water and glycerine. “Sweetleaf’s Sweetdrops" uses ONLY water as a filler. TASTE: I compared all three products in homemade lemonade. This product is definitely sweeter.  I needed a third less drops than the other two.  This is because the added alcohol acts as a sweetener on its own. I found that it had an extra layer of flavor…not bad…but there was something extra in the taste.  My daughter and I felt it worked well in beverages like lemonade or coffee….foods that have a strong, sour or bitter taste to overcome.  In baking it was very hard to tell the difference, but again there was just a hint of an extra flavor. CONCLUSION: This product tasted good but I don’t like the extra added alcohol. I prefer SL's Sweetdrops made with only water followed by NuNatural’s Alcohol-Free stevia. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

Product has changed

Posted by Reviewer2351969 on Oct 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Bought this sweetener for more then a year, I was very happy with this product but lately it tastes differently: less sweet and with a strong stevia aftertaste...what changed?????

GOOD PRODUCT - INCONSISTANT DRIP

Posted by Reviewer1142941 on Jun 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Very good tasting and clear product. Only problem is the drip from bottle to bottle - sometimes a very stubborn drip - sometimes a stream. I recommend the product but watch out for the DRIP!

I think they have changed it.

Posted by Reviewer1259901 on Oct 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

And it's not as sweet any more, so that means it's more expensive, as I am using more to get the same sweetness I previously did. I don't find any aftertaste, but I am going to investigate other options now that the bottle doesn't last as long.

NOT as sweet anymore!! what happened to my fav stevia??

Posted by Reviewer1315573 on Nov 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Agree with the two most recent posters. I thought I was actually going mad )) But i needed to double the amount of drops in order to get my sweet taste. I don't think my taste palette is changing as other stevia blends work as effectively for me. SHAME ON YOU NuNaturals!!

Clear Stevia, 2 fl oz.

Posted by Reviewer3098249 on Aug 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product that does not have an after taste that is bitter; regardless of how much you use. I truly, recommend this product!

Simply the best

Posted by Reviewer3294939 on Aug 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried every type of Stevia from dry powder to syrup-style and the drops are the best because they are less messy than syrup and one can easily count the number of drops going into the beverage for sweetening consistency. No guesswork as with powder and syrup. Also, NuNaturals Clear has no aftertaste like some Stevia products have. An excellent product all-around. John Ahrens

I use every day

Posted by 5651890747986013689 on Apr 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this daily and it has the least aftertaste of any stevia product I've tried. I really am so grateful to have this

Sugar Alternative- Bad Press, pah!

Posted by Reviewer2268924 on Jun 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A lot a bad press revolves around Stevia, but if you search the net you will find a mixture of both good and bad. All sugar is bad for you, but like everything else, in MODERATION you will find a balance that the body is happy with. As for this product, it was sent super quick by iHerb and I was looking forward to an alternative sweetner to honey for my morning porridge oats. However, I think this product is not suitable for sweetening foods you will eat straight away, as for me it left an artificial after taste. In Stevia's defense it is a great alternative to sugar in cakes,desserts (cooked ones), but be careful it's extremely powerful, so don't over do it!

a must have!

Posted by Reviewer1162928 on Jun 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this liquid because it is not bitter. It is fantastic in cold drinks such as lemonade, ice tea etc. It does not make the drink cloudy and the packets do.